Sunday, February 27, 2022

"A Prayer for Peace, Tea Cup and Lemon" Oil on 5x7 in board

 


sold

I began this painting last week.   A few days later, as I was finishing it,  I was hearing the news of Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  Words of support for Ukraine were everywhere on social media, posts of Sunflowers, and the yellow and blue colors... I looked at this painting and it had such an aura of peace about it.  A cup of tea evokes a feeling of quiet and calm... a peaceful moment.
I wish and pray for peace, and also, add a small action to go with it, a donation of support.

This painting will go to the buyer, and the payment will go to UNICEF to help support children and families under threat.  

Below are some pictures of work in progress...












1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for doing this! I am originally from Ukraine. I lived there for 30 years. Words cannot describe how I feel about this war. I do not have any family there anymore, but lots of friends. This is so very sad... to watch my birth country being destroyed! This war can easily turn into a horrible world disaster too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!