Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mineola tangerine on 5x7 gessobord

Well, here's what I worked on today. A mineola tangerine. I was really excited as I started this painting, because I remembered to take the time to think about what I was doing, and pre mixed a few values on my palette, and I was happy with how it was coming out...


Here is the same painting a little while later, I liked it, although the highlight didn't look that good to me ( in the earlier picture the highlight is just the plain white of the board underneath, and it looks so nice and bright) I wanted to try to get the highlight looking better, so, after I took this picture, I wiped off just that little area, and planned on painting it in again, when... MY GLASS PALETTE BROKE! I couldn't believe it, I had just picked it up to move it to my desk, and accidentally knocked it into the edge of the desk, and it shattered into little bits!!! So, needless to say, I won't be oil painting again until I get another palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!