Thursday, May 15, 2008

Iris, in progress

I spent most of the day today taking pictures of my irises, and making some drawings, so that I could do a little watercolor of one of them. I did one small w/c painting, then another, and got frustrated because neither one of them looked like I wanted it to, and I didn't know how to make it look like I wanted it to look. So, I decided to try something different, and paint with oil instead on a panel... and I was much happier with how it was coming out. It's not done yet, but I think it looks very interesting. And I discovered, that it looks good either upside down or right side up! I took pictures of it before I was finished because if I wait until I'm finished with it, it will be dark out, and I won't be able to get a good picture of it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!