Saturday, August 9, 2008

Limes with Glass, 4x6 small canvas board



Well, I thought I would try to paint a glass of water, since I haven't tried it, and I would like to know how to go about it. It always seems to look so easy in other paintings, even though I know it can't possibly be easy. I had a hard time trying to edit out all the little details of light and reflections that I could see in the glass, I kept putting in too much. I wiped paint off and put it back on quite a few times, and it reminded me of an old comic strip I had cut out of the paper quite a few years ago. I thought I would post my painting along with the comic, since it did take me quite a few tries, and more paint, to end up with something I thought was acceptable. Maybe someday I will get to be a great painter like so many of those that I admire. It will just take time, and alot of paint, and alot of determination, and desire. I don't plan on doing anything else with my time, especially since this is the only thing I know how to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!