Sunday, November 2, 2008

2 Paintings....

images may be clicked to enlarge
I have 2 things to post today. The first is a picture of a painting in progress that I started last night. It is of a bunch of grapes, and a single bachelor's button flower. I had started with just the grapes by themselves, and noticed those little flowers I had in a vase nearby, so I added one. I really like the combination of green and purple together.
The second is a painting I finished the other day, of a lemon on a cloth. I thought I would try painting from a different perspective, so I stood at my easel (instead of sitting in a chair like I normally do) so I could look down at the lemon. I liked how it came out, so I think I'll try a painting from this view point again sometime. They are both oil on 5x7 gessobord.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!