Monday, January 5, 2009
Broken Egg shells in a Measuring Cup 5x7 o/b
I made pancakes the other morning, and noticed how I had left the egg shells in the measuring cup. It looked so interesting to me, I wanted to try and paint it. This picture isn't the best, I'll have to try to get a better one tomorrow.
I'm finally happy with the surface I'm painting on. I was always experimenting with different types of ways to seal the gessoed surface of the board, so it didn't have such a dry feel to it while I painted. I tried everything from a coat of acrylic paint, or acrylic medium, sprays, turpentine thinned oil paint, different medium mixes with paint... on and on.. and on.... until I'd forget what I had coated which boards with which thing... and most of the time the surface would wind up too slick, and frustrating to paint on. Anyway. I just finally decided to try brushing some paint on the board, and wiping it down until there is just a stain of paint left on the surface. And that seems to work for me. Why I couldn't have thought of that in the first place, I don't know. :)