Friday, January 9, 2009

Coffee and Cookies, 6"x6" o/b


This is the finished painting. I must have taken 50 pictures of this one, with 2 different cameras, and I finally decided on this image. I'm really going to have to concentrate on finding a way to get good pictures more consistently, so that it doesn't take up a whole afternoon of trial and error to get a decent picture! I'm really happy with this painting, I love cookies and coffee and the cup and saucer pictured is from a set of fine china that I received as a wedding present 25 years ago. (and I bet I can count on one hand how many times I've used those cups, I should use them more often!)
This is done in oil on an Ampersand Gessobord.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful painting! Such a lovely cup and your painting of it does it honors! Really nice!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really excellent!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!