Monday, January 19, 2009

Lemon Halves 6x6 o/b

Oil on 6"x6" Ampersand Gessobord

Here is the finished painting of the lemon halves. I changed the background color a bit, to a more greenish reddish color, which I'm much happier with. I still wanted the paint to be thin, so I used some liquin with the paint to make it more of a glaze, and then applied it sparingly to the background and shadows. I never used to like liquin very much until I found one that was thinner, Liquin fine detail. It's much easier to use than the regular one, for me anyway. I used to add a little linseed oil to the regular liquin to loosen it up a bit, and that worked nicely too. Anyway, I'm very happy with this painting, I hope you like it too.


  1. This is just too good! You've got to raise your prices, Woman! I mean it.
    Do it!

  2. Thanks Marilyn! One of these days I will.

  3. Beautifully done! I love the way you succeeded in suggesting the seeds peeking through and the glints of light too.


Thanks for leaving a comment!