Saturday, May 16, 2009

Asters and Iris (in progress)


These pretty dark pink flowers came in a mother's day bouquet, I think they are some sort of aster, and I added the iris from my garden. The live bouquet looks a bit tired in this photo, probably because it's a few days old, and the original iris wilted and a new bud bloomed, but it's still good enough to paint by. I took some reference photos just in case.
I'm painting on an 8"x10" canvas panel, it seems so much roomier than the usual 5"x7" that I've gotten used to. I like the little bit larger size and want to try to do more of them from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to me that you fit so much detail into an 8x10, let alone a 5x7! I've got to get some smaller brushes. Such an intricate bouquet. You have such an affinity for flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, thanks so much for your comments :) it just so happens I recently bought some new smaller brushes, flats, and they helped a great deal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!