Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Black Plum and Banana"



Oil on 8"x6" Linen Panel
This is a linen panel I made from a piece of Old Holland linen that I took from a sampler pad. I mounted it onto a hardboard panel. I have to say, it was a lovely surface to paint on! It's so interesting how differently paint feels when putting it on a different surface. It seems I'm always searching for the best way for me to get control of the paint. I want to be able to make the marks I want to make, and not wrestle with the paint! It seems like I get lucky sometimes, and the paint goes on nicely, and it makes me happy :-) and other times, I'm chasing my marks around and correcting things endlessly, and I get disappointed. And I wonder, what did I do different? One of these days I hope to figure it out.
Another thing I have to figure out is how to get rid of the fruit flies that I've attracted with all of this fruit I've had sitting around! lol.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is one of my favorites yet. That black plum just is a perfect addition to the fruit still lifes with its grounding color. The banana is to perfect ripeness! Somehow I am wanting some vanilla yogurt with all of this fruit cut up in a bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Autumnleaves.. that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie, I found your blog today because you commented on mine! Thanks for visiting, and for your comment. Your work is excellent. It has a simple sophisitcation that is refreshing. In this one I love how the fruit is "nestled up" against the banana. Your comments are honest and personal. I like that. I'll be visiting often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, Welcome, and thank you, I'll be visiting your blog often too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!