Sunday, March 6, 2011

Still LIfe with Metal Pitcher




5x5 Gessobord panel

I bought this little metal pitcher because I wanted to try and paint it. I had an idea of how I wanted the metallic surface and reflections to look, and I'm happy with how it came out. I wanted to give it a clever name, because it seemed to me that the pitcher looks like it is turning it's back to the grapes, or.. the grapes are gathering around the pitcher for some reason... but... as you can see, I didn't come up with anything more clever than "Still Life with Metal Pitcher"
I'll have to give it some more thought. :-)

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous pitcher and oh so beautifully painted! Well done, Debbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the metallic pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just reach into my screen and pick up that pitcher! May as well drop the grapes in it then! Great job Debbie! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its almost as though the pitcher is elitest...sayin to the grapes... Speak to me when you become fine wine...lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!