Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Peach with Cherries and Grapes" Oil on 6x6 board




I wanted to change the angle of my set up, so I set this fruit up on a lower table, and stood to paint.  ( I usually sit).  I noticed that when I stand, my palette is further away, and my arm isn't as steady when I reach for it, and I use more paint to mix with.  It's much more comfortable to sit, but standing seems to cause my painting to come out with a looser look.  Which is the effect I want.  And, standing can only burn more calories than sitting, so that's an extra bonus.  :-)

6 comments:

  1. Love the kaleidoscope of colors! Beautiful job! I think I always sit when I paint. Except when I can't see something well and need to get a bit closer for a look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great piece...all the fixins for a fruit salad. Those cherries just pop. well done Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful !! The composition and the use of color in this piece is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just signed on as a follower of your blog. Hope you will sign on mine, too. I really like your work. This one really nice and I love the angle you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!