Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Chocolate Doughnut and Strawberry" Oil on 6x8 board






I've been wanting to do a painting of some kind of goody lately.  So, when I saw this week's Daily Paintworks challenge was to paint a donut, I couldn't wait to go to the store and pick one out to paint!
This chocolate frosted chocolate donut is my favorite.  I can't remember the last time I've had one.  It looked a bit lonely all by itself on this 6x8 panel, (a bit bigger than the usual 5x7).  So, I added some fruit.  It made me smile that I added the fruit, because after eating a donut,  I would probably eat some fruit to feel less guilty about the donut. 


work in progress



2 comments:

  1. What a great picture! That doughnut looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job. I love all your paintings and enjoy following them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!