Tuesday, May 29, 2012

"Rose and Cherry" Oil on 5x7 board






Flowers have begun to bloom in my garden, and I want so much to paint them.  I cut some white peonies, but they are so big, and gorgeous, I hesitate to try to paint them.  I noticed one of the poppy buds had bloomed, so I cut that, and did an ok painting of it, but decided it wasn't the best... so I wiped it off and decided to try a rose.  The cherry was still hanging around from my last painting, and it seemed to fit right in.  In the past, I've been tempted to leave the background color a bit unfinished and thin around the outside edges of the painting.  In this case it is the white mix, over the slightly darker raw umber underneath.  It gives it sort of an airy feel.  It doesn't show quite as well in the photo as in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!