Friday, November 9, 2012

"Orange and Green Gourds" Oil on 6x6 board


Available at Daily Paintworks Fundraising Auction for Hurricane Sandy
Sold

Well... it has been a long 2 or 3 weeks, and with the help of my son,  I've gotten a different computer, a new monitor, a new desk, and moved it all into my studio room. (it had been in the living room)  I've had to use a different camera.. and I've been trying to get used to using different programs on the computer, and getting myself organized.  Thank God for my wonderful son (♥)  He's helped me with all of this, I wouldn't be able to do these things myself!
 My new monitor is very different, it's gone through all the calibration steps there are! haha... as I want things to look right!!! It's so important!  I'm so afraid that the images I post online, will end up  looking different on other monitors.  Each monitor is so different!

I have some catching up to do, my last post was a couple weeks ago, just before Hurricane Sandy came through.  We were  fine here in upstate NY, just super windy, with a few power outages   My heart goes out to those who were affected so badly by the storm near the coast.  I see that Daily Paintworks is having a Fundraising Auction to help, so I'd like to donate my newest painting to help.  The auction is held just like any other, the buyer of the painting sends their payment to me, and I will send the entire payment to the
 American Red Cross.  Then I'll send the buyer an email showing the donation.  Shipping is free.

This painting is of two gourds, one looks like a mini pumpkin, the other green one was so very interesting, I've never seen one like it!  They are posed in front of an open book of William Morris designs. This one is an oak leaf print.   I had taken pictures of the set up before hand, but lost them when my computer died! Oh well....
I hope you like it as much as I do, and I hope you go to Daily Paintworks and bid on one of the donated paintings!

1 comment:

  1. This is quite beautiful with the oak leaf pattern, Debbie, and how good of you to part with it for a worthy cause. I believe the green one is a patty pan squash.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!