Saturday, June 29, 2013

Blueberries and raspberries and...

I've been wanting to try a painting of raspberries, and or blueberries, so I bought both.  I tried arranging them a few different ways and then decided to try a different perspective, and put them low, down near the floor on a box. 
I thought the raspberries would be difficult to paint, but after a few tries, they started to look pretty good.  I was pleasantly surprised.

I suddenly had the idea to go make some blueberry muffins from scratch... it seemed like a great idea at the time, but I was really disappointed, wow...even tho they looked pretty good, they did not taste very good at all...hahahha....:-P) I'm much happier with the painting than the muffins.  I'll finish my painting, and  maybe save the muffins to use as a still life subject!

5 comments:

  1. Debbie, your work is such an inspiration to me, and I love seeing your process shots. Thanks so much for your creativity generosity. I can't wait to see the finished painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darla, thank you so much for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing your process. I get inspired and learn a lot from your photos. I love your quiet style. I also love your drawing blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your work Debbie...
    The post is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!