Monday, July 22, 2013

"Strawberries in White" Oil on 6x6 inch board



I painted this today, and as I listened to the news on the tv of the Royal Baby's birth, it occurred to me that the strawberries in my painting were just like a little family.  Mom and baby in the cup, and Dad sitting close by.. I didn't plan it that way, but it fits.  :-)
(and the baby was born today, a boy, 8 lbs. 6oz...  which makes me smile...  because that is the same weight my baby boy was...22 years ago! hahah)

I thought I'd try having my light shine onto the set up from left to right for a change.  I moved it yesterday to finish my watermelon painting.  I liked how the light fell on it coming from the other direction.  I finished that painting up too, still have to get a picture of it tho.

9 comments:

  1. That is just a sweet piece, really like the handling of the strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous! Meticulously painted, as usual, and a terrific composition. The story is fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments! I appreciate it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, your paintings are stunning. I have just started doing a painting a day, en plein air. I'm putting some links on my blog and would like to include yours - would you mind telling me how did you set up the Artists Blog Link in the side bar? they are so much nicer than a straight forward link, and they update, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, to add an artist blog list, click on "layout", and "add a gadget".. choose "add blog list", and under configure check the box for thumbnail.. and check how you want them listed or updated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so beautiful. I love seeing your in progress shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very stunning and original Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!