Monday, July 29, 2013

"Tea and Note Card" Oil on 5x7 board

 

 I did this little drawing first with color pencil to work out my composition.  I decided later to put tea in the cup.  It was pomegranate tea that I bought a few months ago.  I didn't care for the flavor, so I figured I might as well use it for something..  turns out the deep red color of it looked really pretty under the light!

 I took a short cut with this one, since the view I had chosen for my painting was not the view I could see from my easel, I took a picture of the set up from above and started my painting from the camera's picture. ( the drawing I did wasn't quite detailed enough to use)   After I got the drawing down, I referred to the actual set up for the rest of the painting.  I went back and forth a few times to get a better look as I painted. 
 I set the note card up, so I could see it better from where I sat.
so fun coloring in the card... I love Georgia O'Keeffe's paintings!

7 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is just a fantastic work!

    I love the circular design and the composition! I love the color scheme, and I love the emotion and the story just sitting there!

    What a wonderful painting! You are so fabulously talented and skilled!

    My congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robert, Thank you so much for those uplifting words of encouragement!

      Delete
  2. A beautiful painting Debbie. I love the composition - every element sings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!