Saturday, March 8, 2014

"Lemons and Strawberries" Oil on 5x7 board



I had painted a painting of 2 lemons and green leaves over a week ago, and every time I passed by it, it looked more and more boring to me.  Close up  I liked it, but from across the room, it wasn't much to look at.  So, today was my first chance back at it, and I added some strawberries to liven it up, and deepened the background color.  I had some new lemons to use too.    I love the color of strawberries when they are still unripe.  They don't taste all that great, so better to use them as painting props.   The yellow in this finished photo is a bit too bright, but it's not too bad.

That was so much fun :-)  What a great Saturday!  Crappy weather outside still, but it's a great day when I get to paint something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!