Sunday, April 12, 2015

"Creamer, Eggs and Butterfly" Oil on 6x8 inch board





Over the last couple of weeks, I had fun doing some of these color mix charts for myself.  This one, is a limited palette of Yellow ochre, Ivory Black, Titanium White, and Cadmium Red light.    I mixed the yellow into the red, then the red into the black and the black into the yellow across the top row, and then tinted with white underneath each one.   The bottom are the same with a bit of the 3rd color mixed in. 
I was inspired by the array of muted colors, and grays on this chart, so I tried a painting using just these colors.   I cheated just a bit, by using some cadmium yellow in the gold highlights of the creamer.
I used a butterfly I have framed under glass as the reference for the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!