Sunday, September 17, 2023

Gallery Shows ! .... and life stuff....

 I have had the honor of having two of my paintings accepted into National Oil and Acrylic Painter's Society (NOAPS) shows this year.

"Unsettled But Steady" (white Iris) was accepted into the NOAPS Best of America exhibition, hosted by the Principle Gallery in Alexandria, VA.  in August 2023.   It also won the "Best Use of Values" award!  

This painting has a special meaning to me, as it was painted during a time earlier this year, that my mother was going through cancer treatments, surgery and hospital stay.  My father, struggling with Parkinson's disease, and in a nursing home, had been sent to the hospital.... so, there hadn't been too much time for me to paint, nor did I even want to.  

But, one day, I set up a fun composition of a stack of cups, and plopped an iris from my garden on top.  

I painted it, and then I suddenly saw a meaning in it, that I hadn't before.  It was an illustration of how strong and solid and unshakeable my mother is.  When things are going wrong, she just keeps steady, and takes it one day at a time.  

 Currently, she is doing much better.  My dad is back at the nursing home, we visit him daily.  My husband had also had a gall bladder attack, hospital and surgery over the summer... things are calming down now... a bit....  I hope.  I'm getting back to my studio more often, and making the time to get back to what I love to do.



"Unsettled but Steady"  Oil 9x12



"Tea with Monet's Poppy Field" was accepted into the NOAPS Best of America Small works show, in May 2023.  It was hosted by Mary Williams Fine Art gallery in Boulder, CO.  
It also won the award for "Most Original"!!!
I am very honored to have been accepted, and then to also win an award!


"Tea with Monet's Poppy Field"  oil 8x10
 

The two paintings below are currently showing in The Village Gallery, in Caledonia, NY as part of  The Suburban Rochester Art Group show.  The show will be up until September 30th.  

I'm very proud to have my work exhibited in these galleries!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!