Saturday, June 7, 2008

Orange Bell Pepper and Chive Blossoms

Oil on 5"x7" W&N Canvas Panel
Click on image to enlarge

Another hot sunny humid day, so I sat in the a/c and finished my orange pepper painting. I like it, I don't really "get" why I added the chive blossoms, I think it might be because I was waiting for them to bloom, and I noticed them the same day I was planning on painting the pepper, and the lavender color of the flowers seemed to be a nice compliment to the orange color of the pepper. I'm not sure if there is a rule that orange and purple would look good together, but I like it. Sorry about the quality of the picture, the colors are great, but the edges of the panel always seem to bend in in the photo. I cropped it, but the edge is still visible.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love your work. Found your site through your eBay listing. Fantastic work -

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!