Thursday, June 26, 2008

White lily


Here is a picture of an easter lily that has just bloomed in my garden. I don't know if this is the usual time for them to bloom, I had bought this as a potted plant last Easter (2007), and after it died, I kept it in the basement, not paying any attention to it, until I saw some new growth coming up, so as soon as it was warm enough this spring,I planted it outside. It slowly grew, and I was so pleased to see it get flower buds, and now they are opening. I wish I could paint a picture of these beautiful flowers, but I'm a little intimidated by that thought. I would be disappointed if I couldn't do it justice. Anyway, I thought I'd at least post this picture, and maybe if I do get some time, and they are still in bloom, I'll give it a try. Actually, I think a watercolor painting would really be pretty of these flowers, but, we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!