Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nectarine and Strawberries 5x7 Oil on Canvas Board

click images to enlarge

I wanted to paint these strawberries, because some of them have that unripe yellow/green color near the stem, which I think makes them look more interesting. The nectarine was very ripe, and I wanted to be sure to finish this painting so that it could be eaten. And I did, and it was.
I loved mixing up all the different reds, and seeing how some of them just seemed to glow next to others. Alizarin crimson, and cadmium orange; cadmium red and alizarin; permanent rose and c. red, winsor red.... etc. etc....so many ways to make such pretty reds!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    Passing by and now I'm hungry for some fruit.
    very well painted.
    Happy brushing.
    Pete,Theartbrush

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!