Friday, October 10, 2008

Autumn Leaves


Yikes! Has it really been 10 days since my last post? I haven't been painting much, and I feel like I've stalled out. I did manage to sit down and try a few times, but I just didn't have any luck. Instead, I started to clean up and rearrange my work area, hoping that would refresh me. I always felt I had my easle in the wrong place, or maybe the table I put my objects on to paint is in the wrong place. I'm left handed, and I want to be able to look to the right of my easel at my subject. I had it the other way around. I had it that way because during the day the easel was in the light from the windows that way, but at night the easel wasn't facing the light of the room...so- well, you get the idea... anyway, I took some time and rearranged some things, and cleaned up my shelves and tables full of all kinds of things that accumulate over time. I did manage to do a small painting of 2 pretty autumn leaves that I found in my yard. The leaves here are just starting to turn color, and the colors always amaze me. Unfortunately, just after I took the picture of this painting, it over turned, and when I tried to catch it, I put a couple finger prints in it, hahaha.... so, it'll need a few touch ups.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, you've been missed and I'm glad you are painting again. You did the same thing I do when I get stalled. I clean, clean, and rearrange. It always works! It cleans the cobwebs in my head as well as in the studio.

    Your leaves are a real tribute to the amazing color of the season. A very simple and effective composition. Keep painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, thanks so much for the kind words! that also helps to keep me inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!