Monday, December 1, 2008

Forelle Pears and Cranberries 5x7 o/b


I finally finished this painting. I learned a lot during the 3 or 4 times I went back to it. It's strange though, how I don't seem to retain anything I think I learn. Every time I paint, it's a new adventure in figuring things out. It turned out much different than when I started, mostly because I moved the whole set up into a different room, near a window, which changed the whole lighting situation on it. Then I decided to paint out the cloth, since I messed it up, and couldn't get it right again. The pears also ended up in slightly different positions than before, changing the patterns of color.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I'm glad you stayed with this painting! It turned out really lovely. You captured that waxy look of the skin and as always the reds are so fresh. Really beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marilyn! I actually had alot of trouble with the reds in these pears. There seemed to be a more bronzy sort of color in the red, I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to make it look like I wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!