Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Pear with Cup (in progress)
I'm taking my time with this one. I started with a gessobord that I coated with a thin mix of stand oil, venice turpentine, and refined turpentine. I don't know why, I just thought I'd try something different to seal the gessoed surface. It stayed tacky for a few days, never really feeling dry, but I started to paint on it anyway, and I found that it was really nice to paint on. It grabbed the paint in a way that made it easier to control. So, I'm gradually filling this one in, taking my time, and really trying to figure out the colors, the values, the brightness, the temperature.... I feel like I need to work on that.