I was tagged the other day, by artist Mona Diane Conner, who's blog is called The Ruby Slippers. She paints miniatures in egg tempera on vellum! Something I find very different and unusual, and she does it very well. Give her blog a visit when you get the chance at miniaturepaintingdaily.blogspot.com
I've noticed this game of blog tag going around, and I think it's a fun idea. A way to share some different things about yourself and to share the blogs you find interesting.
The "rules" are to link the artist who tagged you in your post, and to list 7 little known, or unusual things about yourself, and list 7 other artist's blogs you'd like to tag, and leave them a comment on their blog to let them know you've tagged them. And if you are tagged, it's totally up to you whether or not you want to participate. So, I'll give it a try....
1. One of my weakest points is writing, it takes me forever to get my thoughts together to write an email, or even a comment on a blog. I'm sure this post will take hours.
2. When I was 19, my first real job was as a fashion illustrator for a Department store. I was one of 5 or 6 artists in the advertising dept. who drew the illustrations for the store ads in the newspaper. It was fun, but at times I had to draw things other than fashion, like mattresses or luggage, and that was a bit boring.
3. I used to be a tattoo artist. It wasn't my idea, just sort of happened while in my 20's. I stayed with it for years though, and the funny thing is I am very squeamish around needles and blood, but I was very comfortable tattooing people. weird.
4. I have one small tattoo on my ankle that I put there myself just to see what it felt like.
5. I didn't learn to drive until I was in my early 30's.
6.I've been married for 25 years this year.
7. I work part time in a dental lab helping with the processes of making porcelain crowns, veneers and things ... I'm no technician, just a good helper :)
And, as for the list of other bloggers to tag... I've seen so many have been tagged already, I think I will skip this part. Instead, you might like to check out some of the blogs I have listed on my favorite blogs list. Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog.