Friday, November 6, 2009

Bosc Pear


Oil on 5x7 linen panel
I made some linen panels for myself, and did this painting of a bosc pear. The pear had so many colors in it, and the longer I looked at it the more it seemed to have. Yellowish browns and pinks and greens. I used pthalo green with this one, and I think it worked much better than viridian, which is what I've been using. I seem to switch back and forth between those 2 greens. I had stained the panel with a thin layer of terra rosa, and it shows through a bit around the edges.

5 comments:

  1. I love this one, I think the linen panel added a great look. I Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visual acuity...that's certainly part of what I take away from your work, but then there is the smartness, the intellect, the knowing that comes along, too. Oh, and then there is the delightful and mysterious feeling of looking at your paintings that makes me totter back and forth between reality and artifice. I have to hold my hand back from trying to reach through the computer screen just pick up some piece of fruit to look at it up close to see if it is as beautiful in my hand as it is on this laptop. You have an new, awestruck admirer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!