Sunday, September 22, 2013

"Lemons with Grapes and Leaves" Oil on 10 x8 canvas


sold

 I began this painting with a different background, and no leaves or grapes.  I felt like the background was too light, so changed it darker, then darker still. Then added the grapes. Still not satisfied with it,  I put it aside for a few days, and today I got back to it, and added some grape leaves.  Good thing I don't pull up the grape vines when I discover them growing in the backyard..  they came in handy. 




2 comments:

  1. You never cease to impress me with your skills in realism, Debbie. Fantastic job. And yes, this is much better with the grape leaves in the design. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robert! I appreciate the great comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!