Thursday, January 10, 2013

Zentangle Doodles and Ribbons...


Last week, when I happened to see a Zentangle doodle while visiting different blogs, I was intrigued. I'd never seen anything like it before.  As I learned more about it,  I found, it is such a fun way to draw..  the little pattern doodles all look so intricate, but once you see how they are constructed, it makes sense... and they are easy to do!  And each pattern has a cute little name too.   So, I haven't been able to stop doodling all week, and I thought I'd show a few of my little drawings.  They are 3 1/2 inches square.   The idea is to draw a "string", just a random pencil line, in the square, and fill in the shapes with different zentangle patterns with a fine black marker.  You never know what you are going to get til you're done.


                                            

 One of my first love's was pen and ink, so this has been fun.    .... but , now I want to get back to painting.  I found I wanted to paint something swirly and random,  like the patterns I've been drawing, so I started this little study of a ribbon....



The green color of the ribbon is throwing me a bit... but, I think it'll come out ok... so far so good.

2 comments:

  1. Very creative! Can't wait to see the finished painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have fallen over your blog. Beautiful work! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!