Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"November Apple and Grapes" Oil on 6x6 inches


 Available on etsy,

Well... it's been a little while since I've posted anything.  First because I was disappointed in 2 or 3 little paintings I did.. and  gave up for a while.  I became interested in making artwork with paper.. collage.. mixed media.. I experimented a bit and had fun.  Then, one day I suddenly suffered a back injury that kept me lying down for about a week.  It's better now, but still aches a bit.  I'm finally ready to paint something, and feel like I don't know where to start!  I bought some colorful grapes, pears, and a persimmon that I thought would be interesting to try and paint.  I spent some time drawing, and then I did a small study in oil on paper, a mixed media paper by Strathmore that I drew on and then coated with clear gesso before I painted.
And finally, I did a small painting of an apple and grapes on hardboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!